The Avalon Marshes
Sport & Activities > Environment & Outdoors
Avalon Marshes Centre
At the heart of Somerset’s Levels and Moors, lies a beautiful area called the “Avalon Marshes”. The Avalon Marshes is a vibrant, working landscape, celebrated for its rich wildlife, heritage and culture, valued and enjoyed by all.
Sought out as a place to escape from the hustle and bustle of daily life and for their unparalleled access to wildlife, the Nature Reserves can be accessed by numerous paths, trails and hides. Throughout the wider area a network of footpaths, droves, lanes and cycleways gives good access whether on foot, bike or in the car.
Visit our website where:
- Our Interactive Map will give you ideas of Places to Visit, even on a wet day
- Go to our Explore section for maps, walks, cycle rides and links with travel and accommodation information
- Our Wildlife and Heritage pages will tell you much more about the rich heritage of the Avalon Marshes
- Our Landscape pages will tell you about our very special landscape and how it was created
- Fancy attending an event? Our Events are varied and cater for all ages
- Are you inspired to help us conserve and develop this special place, why not Get Involved
- Would you like to keep in touch with News of the Avalon Marshes?
- Interested in finding out more about the Avalon Marshes Partnership and Our Work?
The Avalon Marshes Partnership is made up of several organisations each managing individual nature reserves and other parts of the Avalon Marshes.
Avalon Marshes Partnership
Phone: 01458 860556
Hawk & Owl Trust - manages Shapwick Moor Nature Reserve
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone – 0844 984 2824
Natural England - manages Shapwick Heath NNR and the Avalon Marshes Centre
Email – email@example.com
Phone – 01458 860120
RSPB - manages Ham Wall NNR
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone – 01458 860494
Somerset Wildlife Trust - manage Westhay Moor NNR, Catcott Complex and other smaller
nature reserves in the area
Email – email@example.com
Phone – 01823 652400