Wells & Glastonbury YFC
Community > Youth Organisations
The Old School
Welcome to Wells & Glastonbury YFC. We meet every other Monday of the month at 8pm, at The Manor, Ditcheat.
Find us on our Facebook page
What we do in Somerset YFC…
- Sports - lots of it! Most clubs have regular friendly matches in hockey, dodgeball, football, netball, rounders, kwik cricket, and skittles. Members get to take part for their club at county finals, area and national rounds.
- Stockjudging – learn the skill of being able to judge high quality stock on local farms. Place animals in an order you think is correct and explain to a judge why you have placed them in that order. You get to visit farms and meet lots of people, besides working with animals, learning animal husbandry and being taught a useful skill.
- Public Speaking – Young Farmers have a good reputation for being able to public speak. In Somerset we have some excellent trainers for the junior, intermediate & senior age groups and have enjoyed success at area and national competitions.
- Fundraising – From 24hr bounceathons, tractor runs, discos, clay pigeon shoots, cycle rides and BBQ’s, young farmers are re-known for their fundraising achievements, both for local charities and to raise funds to run their own clubs.
- Travel – There is an extensive travel programme available to every YFC member with opportunities to travel both at home and abroad. From homestays, volunteering and working placements there is something for everyone. Why not pick your trip of a lifetime!