Wells Art Contemporary
What's On > Festivals
The WAC Awards is an open competition for contemporary visual art that is gaining praise and respect in Britain and abroad. It was established in 2012 by a group of artists and their friends in Wells, the beautiful cathedral city in the South-West of England. But an idea that came to life around kitchen and dining tables has already established a strong presence in the London art world and is drawing artists from places as diverse as Australia, Azerbaijan, India, Italy, Korea, Japan and the United States, as well as all over Britain.
The Exhibition will be held at the historic Wells Cathedral, Somerset.
The Exhibition will be open to the public: 20 July – 11 August 2019
Opening times: 10am – 6pm.
All exhibitors will be invited to the Private View on Friday 19 July 2019.
To get involved, contact the WAC chair, Paddy O'Hagan via the website
Deadline for entry is: Monday 15 April 2019
Submission is via online entry only.
WHO CAN ENTER
The competition is open to all artists aged 18 and over based in the UK or internationally.
Artists may enter up to four works.
Entries can be any medium – painting, sculpture, drawing, photography, installation or video. We regret that we cannot exhibit digital work unless all necessary equipment is provided by the artist (for example: monitors, screens, DVD players, headphones etc).
There is no size restriction and WAC would like to encourage artists to enter large works.*
* If you would like to use Art Moves courier service from London they cannot accept work over 2m.
**There is the opportunity to exhibit site-specific large installations in this years exhibition. Further information to follow shortly.
Entry Fee is £15 per work or £12 per work for current students.
- RK Harrison Award: £2,000 awarded to one artist
- JGM Gallery Exhibition Prize*: up to 4 artists, including international artists, will be selected to take part in an exhibition in 2020 at the JGM Gallery in the heart of London’s new cultural quarter next to the Royal College of Art in London.
- Parker Harris Mentoring Prize*: Parker Harris will give a one-to-one mentoring session covering all aspects of professional development to a selected artist.
- ChubbBulleid People’s Prize: Selected by visitors to the exhibition.
- Next Generation Art Prize*: Andelli Art is proud to offer the ‘Next Generation Art Prize’, recognising and supporting the talents of an artist up to 30 years of age. The prize consists of a two week solo exhibition at the gallery, including a private view and social media support. Mentoring and advice on working with galleries, curation and artistic development will also be offered.
For further details on all the prizes please read the Rules and Guidelines
* Please tick the box on the Entry Form if you wish to be considered for this Prize.